Building on the initial skills learnt in the Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football, this course provides a deeper understanding of coaching. The course introduces new themes such as looking at different coaching styles, preparing for accidents and emergencies and understanding players' nutritional needs.
Course Aims & Objectives
To provide candidates who have an ongoing involvement with sport with an introduction to the processes and principals of coaching football to adults and children.
The certificate offers an opportunity for potential football coaches to be supported in developing the knowledge of how to effectively plan, conduct and evaluate football coaching sessions. It will also introduce the candidates to an appreciation of the principals of the game, both attacking and defending, and how to utilise this knowledge for invasion games.
The course will introduce a number of key aspects related to the role of a football coach in working with youth players. These are delivered via home based study tasks and Tutor delivered workshops. The course will introduce some key aspects in the following:
- The roles, skills and qualities of a football coach
- Developing session plans and associated information for planning
- Awareness of safe and organised activities
- Preparation for potential accidents, illnesses and emergencies
- A consideration of coaching styles
- Coaching session evaluation and self-reflection
- Nutritional needs of football players
- Fitness components related to football
- The planning of progressive coaching sessions
The practical elements of the course will provide the following:
- The principles of attacking to include creating and exploiting space
- Support play
- Ball control
- Running with the ball
- The principles of defending to include denying and restricting space
- Defensive play when organised and outnumbered
In addition candidates will have the opportunity to undertake two observed practical coaching sessions with their Tutor and receive feedback based on selection criteria. This will form the basis of an opportunity to deliver 12 hours of coaching in the candidates' work place to apply the experience gained from the course of training.
Practical Involvement - Candidates will be encouraged to participate practically to maximise their opportunities for learning (however inability to participate will not prevent successful completion of the award).
To obtain the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football, candidates must attend all related sessions and show competence in all units.
The costs for all 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football courses are as follows:
- £312 per candidate, non Charter Standard Club
- £276 per candidate, if the candidate is from a Leicestershire & Rutland County FA Charter Standard Club. A letter from the club, on official letter headed paper, must be supplied with the candidates application as proof.
If you need to complete an Emergency Aid or Safeguarding Children Workshop as part of your Level 2 CCF. There is an extra cost of £29 per workshop, this must be made payable to the Leicestershire & Rutland County FA.
1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football - Re-Assessments
- £80 per candidate, non Charter Standard Club
- £70 per candidate, if the candidate is from a Leicestershire & Rutland County FA Charter Standard Club. A letter from the club, on official letter headed paper, must be supplied with the candidates application as proof.