The FA National Game Strategy 2011 - 2015 clearly defines how Football will be delivered through the following areas:
- Growth and Retention
- Raising Standards
- Better Players
- Running the Game
- Workforce Development (Coaches, Volunteers and Referees)
- Facility Development
So what does that mean for the counties of Leicestershire & Rutland and how is the Leicestershire & Rutland County Football Association working to develop a better playing environment, more teams, qualified coaches and governing the game?
Our aim is to do the following:
- Growth and Retention - the number of Football Teams within Leicestershire & Rutland by working closely with existing clubs, new partners and communities.
- Raising Standards - within the game by creating a safe, child friendly environment through the FA Charter Standard Programme, and Welfare and Safeguarding programme.
- Better Players - through a number of projects that include the Girls and Disability Talent Development Schemes. This area is not only about the players but also creating more and better coaches to deliver sessions at grassroots level through the FA Coaching Pathway.
- Running the Game - by providing support and guidance in relation to regulations, sanctions, discipline and implementing the standard code of rules. We aim to provide a high quality service to all our members. Customer service is one of our highest priorities alongside being effective and efficient.
- Workforce Development - volunteers, coaches and referees are the lifeblood of our sport and without the work that you all do we would not be able to deliver the programme and projects within the game. The Leicestershire & Rutland County Football Association aims to provide the best Coach and Referee Education Programmes and to support Volunteers get into the game and continue to support them when involved.
- Facility Development - by working with Local Authorities, Sport England and the Football Foundation and other partners we aim to support all Facility Development Programmes. Having access to quality facilities means that players, coaches, referees and volunteers enjoy the experience within football.
To find out more about what we do in Leicestershire & Rutland, please contact us.
To view the Leicestershire & Rutland County FA Equality Policy click here