This means trying to ensure that all types and levels of competitive football take place under an overarching set of Laws, Rules and Standards that provide for the integrity of the game and the safety and enjoyment of all players and officials.
For this to take place it is necessary that competition organisers affiliate their competitions or tournaments with The FA or local County Football Association.
The benefits of affiliation are as follows:
- Recognition from the players that the competition is taking place under the auspices of the National Governing Body for Football. This will assist in the promotion and recruitment of Teams and Officials.
- If the competition is affiliated to the FA or County Football Association it will be subject to the FA's Disciplinary Processes. These will provide an additional safeguard to players and officials.
- Access to FA Qualified Referees. FA Qualified Referees are only permitted to officiate in affiliated football and any insurance they carry is not applicable in unaffiliated competitions.
- Only affiliated competitions are in a position to recruit additional referees through running the FA Small Sided Referees Qualification.
- Affiliated competitions have the opportunity to post their results on 'Full Time' at FA.com - the Football Association's official website.
For further information on affiliating a Small Sided League please contact the Leicestershire & Rutland County Football Association on 0116 286 7828.
An affiliation form can be found in the Documents section below.