FA Coach Mentor Programme
Offering on-the-ground support
This programme represents a major investment in the grassroots game and offers on-the-ground support to FA Charter Standard Clubs, leagues and target groups.
The FA sees the development of coaches as central to the development of the game, and working collaboratively accelerates learning and supports coaches’ development.
Mentoring support at a club could include:
- Developing a whole club philosophy
- Group coaching demonstrations
- 1:1 coaching, match-day observation and support
- Signposting to relevant courses and events
- Needs analysis for individual coaches
- Modelling of coaching sessions for individual coaches
- Individual feedback
- An individual learning programme
In 2015/16 the FA Coach Mentor Programme supported 9,383 coaches and 615 clubs.
YOUR LOCAL MENTORS
Locally, Leicestershire & Rutland has 10 mentors working across the county. They work to support specific clubs and groups over the course of a season but also have capacity to mentor coaches who are local to these clubs.
To find out who your nearest mentor is click the button below.