The FA's Respect Programme provides tools for players from grassroots to elite football to help provide a safe and positive environment in which to play the game.
The majority of our leagues are signed up to the FA Respect Programme and all FA Charter Standard Clubs endorse the Programme, with many embedding a specific Respect Co-ordinator within their club or league.
Quick Tips to Improve the Game:
Remember this friendly advice when playing:
- Finish the game with a handshake rather than a moan.
- Win or lose with dignity - no one likes a show off or a cry baby.
- Save the diving for the swimming pool.
- Tell the team whinger to pipe down and get on with the game.
- Offer the Referee a drink at the end of the game rather than your glasses.
Being a Captain is a huge responsibility, you motivate your team to win, organise them on the pitch, and you can be a huge part in changing the football environment for the better. To find out how you can achieve this have a look at The FA's Respect Guide for Captains by clicking here.
Improve Your Behaviour on the Pitch
There are several guides that can help you improve your behaviour and as a result improve the quality of our beautiful game.