Player and Parents Safeguarding FAQs


Whether you are a youth player on the pitch or a parent on the sidelines the topic of Safeguarding should be on every bodies mind. Listed below are frequently asked Safeguarding questions and answers for both Players & Parents. We recommend that everyone familiarises themselves with this info to keep Football as safe as it can be!

Parents Safeguarding FAQ's

The inappropriate behaviour of adults at a youth football match is not a safeguarding issue. Please raise your concerns by contacting your club’s committee. Your club will try to resolve your concerns internally or consider reporting them to the County FA’s Discipline Team.

It is important that you report your concerns as soon as you can. You could  speak  to  your child’s coach or manager, or you could also speak to your Club Welfare Officer. If you do not feel comfortable speaking to any of these people, or if your concern relates to a volunteer at the club, you can contact the FA or the County FA safeguarding@ If you are worried that the child may be at immediate risk of harm, phone the Police. You can also contact the NSPCC for advice on 0808 800 5000.

Speak to your Club Welfare Officer for advice. Team selection policies are set by individual clubs, and the County FA cannot intervene in these matters

Players safeguarding faq's

It is important you speak to an adult you trust as soon as possible. You could speak to your coach, manager or your parent/carer. You could also speak to your Club Welfare Officer, who has been trained to help you. If you do not feel comfortable with speaking to these people, you can contact the County FA - Safeguarding@leicestershirefa.comYou can also find lots of useful advice on our Youth Footballers Hub.

You should never be made to feel uncomfortable by something an adult says or does. There are lots of people and organisations who can help you, including your Club Welfare Officer and the County FA. You can also look on our Youth Hub - Youth Footballers Hub - Leicestershire & Rutland County FA, where you can find lots of information about people who can help.

Your club might have a Youth Council, who can ask your club committee to listen to the voice of the players by making suggestions to make your club better. If you haven’t got a Youth Council at your Club, you could ask them to have a suggestion box so you can let them know your ideas, or you could speak to the Leicestershire and Rutland County FA Young Leaders, who can help you set a Youth Council up at your club.

Speak to your Club Welfare Officer for advice