UEFA B application 2019/20
The application process is now open!
This internationally recognised qualification develops the core principles of the England DNA that relate to – How We Coach, How We Play, How We Support and The Future Player.
It will help you refine your own beliefs, values and coaching/playing philosophy while supporting you to develop your players, units and team.
We will ask you to look at the players you work with and explore how you can help develop them through designing practices that meet their technical and tactical, physical, psychological and social needs. We will also help you to understand the demands of the game and how to meet the needs of players as they build a deeper understanding of their various roles and responsibilities within the team.
It will help you to reflect on, realise the impact of, and justify the decisions you make, whilst encouraging a long-term view of player development that links to player performance.
Pre-requisites for registering your application:
Prior to registration for the qualification, you are required to:
- Hold The FA Level 2 in Coaching Football course / 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football
- Have fully completed your FA Level 2 action plan
- Be actively coaching a team in a season-long competition in England
- Be able to effectively communicate in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing)
Who is it for?
Format and areas of the game: Coaches must be able to evidence that they are active coaches in one of the following areas as a priority of selection for the course;
1 - 11v11
a. Women’s game Tier 1-5
c. Men’s game Step 1-7
d. College and University teams (competition level)
e. Club Improvement Tier 1 club, where the coach will also have a mentoring/coach development role in club
2 - 9v9
b. Club Improvement Tier 1 club, where the coach will also have a mentoring/coach development role in club
3 - 7v7 (only when coaching in a RTC)
*Other criteria may be taken into consideration based solely at the discretion of the selection panel.
1 - All applicants should be endorsed by appropriate club personal confirming that the points above are met for the 19/20 and 20/21 season.
2 - Learners working in the 9v9 format of the game should also be endorsed by the CCD based on expected engagement with learning both formal and CPD related to indicate that the UEFA B is appropriate.
3 - If a coach moves club during the course programme they must resubmit club endorsement from their new club/team to the County FA/CCD for approval
Completion of certificate
Prior to certification for the qualification, you are required to:
- Hold an in date FA Level 1 Introduction to First Aid in Football
- Hold an in date completion certificate for The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop
- Complete eLearning modules
- Attend all four blocks of learning, inclusive of 18 face-to-face Workshops
- Complete an 18 game project based around your own players and club environment - please note that this is reduced to a 12 game project for those that already hold the FA Youth Award
- Receive a minimum of 3 in-situ visits with your team (training or match-day event) and be deemed practically competent
- Conduct a 30 minute presentation of your project to your course colleagues and staff.
- 4 Blocks of delivery
- 11 days of delivery (split into 18 workshops)
- 3 in-situ visits situated between Blocks 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4 (further in-situ visits may be required at an additional cost of £75 per visit)
- Please note that in-situ support visits must only be conducted face-to-face, in England
Delivered over the course of a season (9-12 months). It is planned that all sessions will take place at Holmes Park, Whetstone, Leicestershire, LE8 6FA.
Friday 6th March 18.00 - 21.30
Saturday 7th March 09.00 - 17.00
Sunday 8th March 09.00 - 17.00
Tuesday 10th March 18.00 - 21.30
Tuesday 17th March 18.00 - 21.30
Saturday 19th September 09.00 - 17.00
Sunday 20th September 09.00 - 17.00
Saturday 5th December 09.00 - 17.00
Sunday 6th December 09.00 - 17.00
Saturday 27th February 09.00 - 17.00
Sunday 28th February 09.00 - 17.00
100% Attendance is required in order to be certificated for this course. LRCFA have a no transfer policy so please ensure you can attend all dates before submitting your Application.
The pricing structure will be as per below:
£650.00 for the full course for coaches in Leicestershire and Rutland who are at a Charter Standard club (the club name will need to be provided for verification).
£850.00 for the full course for coaches outside of Leicestershire and Rutland or for those who are at a Non-Charter Standard club.
This amount must be paid in full before the course begins.
The Application deadline is 9am Tuesday 26th November 2019. Applications will not be able to be made nor will be accepted beyond this point.
*If Applicants apply more than once only the first application will be considered. The applications are evaluated on the learners pre-requisites (if there is a high demand this will go along the priorities noted above) and quality of application on this form ONLY. Any other evidence/CV's/recommendations that are received by CFA not through this form will be discounted and will not go towards your application .*