THE COACH DEVELOPMENT CIRCLE
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
In both the men's and women's game, Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic coaches continue to be significantly underrepresented.
The FA and Leicestershire & Rutland CFA are committed to changing that. We're committed to developing more opportunities for Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic coaches to get experience, support and guidance to enhance coaching skills and discover pathways into and within the game of football.
As part of our Diversity & Inclusion coach development work, Leicestershire & Rutland CFA will be providing up to up to 12 coaches from historically underrepresented backgrounds and females with an opportunity to become a member of the 2022 Coach Development Circle. This will be via an online application
ABOUT THE CIRCLE
Successful coaches will:
- Have a dedicated coach mentor
- Receive personalised 1-2-1 coaching support
- Have the opportunity to attend bespoke theory and practical coach development workshops
- Observe experienced UEFA A and B licensed coaches working in a variety of settings
- Be signposted to opportunities to increase coaching knowledge and experience
BLACK, ASIAN AND MINORITY ETHNIC CLASSIFICATION
The FA adopts Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic classifications to refer to members of communities who identify as being Black, Asian, from Mixed/Multiple Ethnic Groups or from other Ethnic Groups as per the England and Wales Census ethnicity classifications.
This is consistent with the Oxford English dictionary definition of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and the ONS definition of Ethnic Minority.
If you’d like to be considered for one of the places in the 2022 Coach Development Circle, here are the criteria you’ll need to match as part of your application:
- FA Level 1, 2 or 3 FA Level 3 (UEFA B) in Coaching Football
- Current DBS clearance
- FA Safeguarding and Emergency Aid / BFAS Qualifications
- Currently coaching in grassroots football
- Over 3 years’ experience of coaching a team
- A passion for self-development
- committed, enthusiastic and highly motivated towards for developing players
- Ability to share ideas, listen to those of others and support peers
WE COULD WELCOME APPLICATIONS FROM
- Male applicants of Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic origin and females
- Aged 18 years or older
- Holders of the FA Level 2 or FA Level 3 (UEFA B) in Coaching Football qualification