The Leicestershire & Rutland County FA (CFA) is inviting applications for the position of Designated Safeguarding Officer. We are looking for individuals with skills, knowledge and experience in safeguarding and who have a passion for driving safer practice in football across Leicestershire & Rutland. As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
The CFA is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through the FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining the post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
Please refer to the Role Description document and Role Application pack
How to apply
- Submit a CV and Covering Letter to Joe.Dunmore@leicestershirefa.com
- Also include a short video, 4 minutes maximum, explaining;
- Why you think engaging with and listening to children is important to the CFA? And how you would do this within the role?
- Please upload your video to WeTransfer and add the link when submitting your application.
- The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 5th March. Receipt of all applications will be acknowledged. Please note that no applications will be accepted after this time.
- Submit the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by 5pm on Friday 12th March. If you haven’t heard from us by this date unfortunately, you have not been selected for interview however, we would like to thank you for your application.
- Interviews will be held on Wednesday the 17th March.
- If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate(s) for the role.
If you have any queries regarding the role, please contact Joe Dunmore, Head of Football Operations, email: Joe.Dunmore@LeicestershireFA.com
Safer Recruitment Process
All appointments will be made in accordance with the CFA's Safer Recruitment Policy.