The aim for this new and exciting programme is to provide girls between the ages of 12-14 a fun, relevant and engaging recreational offer than allows them to develop themselves as much as their football skills in a safe, inclusive environment. The programme has been specifically designed to give autonomy, choice and voice to the girls who are involved in the sessions. As a recreational programme, this is all about giving the girls a way to play football for fun, in a way they would like too.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Applications are welcomed from any organisation that meet our Squad programme criteria. We want to ensure there is access and opportunity for every girl and woman to be involved in our sport, and for the game to be truly representative of our society across all protected characteristics and social backgrounds. We therefore welcome and actively encourage applications from all communities and organisations that meet the programme criteria.
The delivery of Squad Girls’ Football involves the organisation of a unique offer of Squad sessions at a particular location and time aimed at attracting a particular cohort/group of girls aged between 12-14.
- The programme must be delivered for a minimum of 16 weeks per year
- It must operate for at least two years (i.e. a minimum of 16 weeks in EACH year)
- It must have capacity to deliver for a minimum of 20 girls/participants per session
- It must have staffing ratios appropriate to the group
- Each provider must use the England Football Events Platform to create sessions and take attendance weekly
- As a deliverer of the Squad programme, providers must adhere to the criteria set out in the document attached below
SQUAD PROVIDERS WILL RECEIVE:
- £900 of funding distributed across two years
- Full training
- Kit and Equipment including Nike balls, bibs, cones and marketing pack
- Marketing assets and session resources
- FA and County FA support
download our provider guidane booklet for more information
The application window is now open until 31st August 2022. Applicants will be notified in September as to whether they have been successful or not. Providers will then receive full training before delivery can commence from September.
to apply please click here
Interested in running a Weetabix Wildcats session? Find out how to apply HERE