The new FREE Female Coach Education program by Leicestershire & Rutland County FA has been designed to help females aged 16+ take their first steps into coaching football. The day long course will provide coaches an environment to complete the EE Playmaker course in an IT classroom with support from an FA Mentor or Community Champion, as well as discuss topics as a group. There will also be a 2-hour practical delivery to bring the basics of coaching football to life. Whether you are a parent wanting to help at training, or a volunteer looking to support grassroots football, this course is ideal for anyone getting started, regardless of experience or knowledge of football.
As part of the course, you will receive:
- Access to IT to complete the online qualification EE Playmaker
- An on-site FA Mentor to answer any questions you may have.
- An opportunity to meet other female coaches starting their own coaching journey.
- 2 Hours of practical learning.
- 50% discount on Introduction to Coaching Football course, if redeemed with 9 months.
- Links to local grassroots football clubs to help get started.
- Access to the Women Coaching in Football Group.
When are the courses?
Leicestershire & Rutland County FA are delivering 2 dates during February Half Term. This is a 1-day only course.
Monday 20th February
Crown Hills Community College, Gwendolen Rd, Leicester LE5 5FT
9:30am – 4:00pm
Thursday 23rd February
Wreake Valley Academy, Parkstone Rd, Syston, Leicester LE7 1LY
9:30am – 4:00pm
To apply for a place on one of our courses, please complete an application form. Note: There are a limited number of spaces available for each course, and places will be allocated on strength of application.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact our Football Development Officer, Karl Percival