FA Mars Just Play! Centres are set up to give the casual footballer a chance to just turn up to a venue and play football. The Just Play kickabout is recreational football at its best – it’s about turning up for an hour of exercise and a bit of fun. Its football for those who can’t or don’t want to commit to an eight-month long season of matches and training.
We want to hear your own ideas around what the centres could be, but some example sessions we could support include;
- A grassroots football club who want to offer a social kickabout for its parents and coaches – why not think about targeting the mums as well?
- A group of colleagues who want to organise a weekly kickabout after work
- Leisure Centres looking to offer football/futsal sessions for its customers
- Organisations wanting to start up a walking football session
- A recreational sessions for a specific target group within your community
Whether you already have a group of interested participants or you’re looking to provide an opportunity for those in your local community then we want to hear from you and in return we can offer a range of benefits to getting involved;
- Equipment pack – Each centre will receive 5 Nike Footballs, a set of branded bibs, cones and a marketing banner giving you all you need for a successful session.
- Digital marketing library– You will be provided with access to a range of digital marketing assets including A4 & A3 Posters, A5 Leaflets, Social, Digital & Email Signatures to help you promote your new centre.
- Just Play! organiser kit – Each organiser will receive Nike branded kit including t-shirt, shorts, pants and rain jacket to ensure you look the part, whatever the weather!
- Just Play! organiser support – Guidance and support provided to all session leads to help maximise delivery.
- FA events platform – A new digital platform upon which you simply and easily organise your kickabouts, leaving more time for the fun stuff, like playing football.
- National promotion – The FA & Mars will help promote the programme nationally helping to attract potential new participants to your kickabouts.
For a female targeted centre - Fay Nichols, Football Development Officer, 0116 286 4931, firstname.lastname@example.org
For a male targeted centre – Shaun Waite, Football Development Officer, 0116 284 4951, email@example.com
For more information about The FA Mars Just Play Centre or to start an online application, please click here.