Get Into Refereeing
Reasons to Referee
More and more and more people of all ages, genders, races and abilities are getting into refereeing.
For current and potential officials, refereeing is a great way to:
- Give something back to the game you love
- Remain involved in the game after injury or retirement
- Play a vital role in ensuring players enjoy the game
- Increase participation in the sport
- Make new and lasting friends
There are lots of opportunities to learn more about Refereeing in Leicestershire & Rutland. If you want to learn more about becoming a Referee, one of our Introductory workshops might be the best place you should start
The FA Basic Referee Course
This course teaches you all the tools you will need to begin your career as a Referee. Click below to learn more about the course and when we are holding the next one.
The FA's Respect programme provides a series of tools for leagues, clubs, coaches, players and parents from grassroots to elite football - to help ensure a safe, positive environment in which to play the game.